Monday, March 1, 2010

SIDNEY CROSBY'S FATHER REVEALS DREAM HE HAD BEFORE SON'S BIRTH


NOVA SCOTIA - In an interview with the Canadian Broadcast Corporation, the father of Sidney Crosby said he received a "prophetic message" before his son's birth that he would be a savior of Canadian hockey.
"I know it sounds crazy - that's why I've never talked about before," Troy Crosby said today on the CBC's Sports Centre. "But Gordie Howe appeared to me in a dream and said, 'And Trina (Crosby's mother) shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Sidney; for he shall deliver his people a gold medal and a Stanley Cup.'"
"At first the message troubled me," the elder Crosby said. "But even as a young man we marveled at his knowledge and skill. The hockey elders all gathered around him to learn from him."
Crosby said he is both excited and relieved that Canada won the Olympic gold medal, with Crosby scoring the winning goal in overtime. "I know he's gained a lot of disciples over the years, but I'm pretty sure if we had lost that game they would have crucified him."