Friday, July 23, 2010

GENE COLLIER IS STEALING MY JOKES


EDITORIAL - The Post-Gazette, in an effort to have more people sign up for PG+, is allowing freeloaders access to certain features of the site. So it is that this freeloader was able to view Gene Collier's "Two-Minute Warning" video on July 22.
Imagine my shock when Mr. Collier said that the police should have blown a whistle on the Jabaal Sheard fight in order to end the play. That is precisely what I said in a July 19 blog posting. Coincidence? I think not.
I'm a big fan of Mr. Collier's, especially his Pennsylvania black bear articles. He even inspired me to write a black bear posting last Fall, when he failed to publish his annual preview of bear season. But I didn't copy what he's said in the past - I came up with my own material.
I'm just a lone girl sending a little blog out into the world, not some fancy sports reporter for a big city newspaper. Mr. Collier would be advised to stop stealing from me. This first time, I'm willing to consider it a form of flattery. Any more times, and I'm gonna be miffed.