Saturday, July 3, 2010

LOCAL WOMAN GIVES UP ON LOVE AFTER JAKE-VIENNA SPLIT


HARRISBURG - Sales representative Deb Catalan has given up on love and romance after last week's announcement that 'The Bachelor' couple Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi had called off their engagement.
"I was sure they were going to make it," a sobbing Catalan said today. "He was so good to her with all those romantic dinners and exotic dates. It just ruins your faith in love and happiness, you know?"
Ironically, Catalan is a wedding consultant. "We get these sweet young couples coming in, and I just want to tell them to go away," Catalan says. "They want to spend $30,000 on a wedding, and I all I can think is, why bother? You'll just end up angry and in tears like Vienna. Take the money and go on vacation - separately."
In hindsight, Catalan thinks Jake and Vienna may have not been ideal for each other. "I don't think Jake was looking for true love," Catalan admits. "Maybe he thought that way at first, but I think he ended up picking the girl that put out the most."