Wednesday, August 11, 2010

PITTSBURGH WOMAN ON JETBLUE FLIGHT DENIES CURSING, ADMITS CALLING FLIGHT ATTENDANT 'A JAGOFF'


"I guarantee you that guy has been called a jagoff before, or some regional variation of that," irate passenger says

HIGHLAND PARK - The woman at the center of the JetBlue controversy has come forward, saying she has been unfairly targeted. Bethany Jacobs was the passenger whose luggage fell on flight attendant Steven Slater, but, she says, he blew it completely out of proportion.
"Yes, my carry-on fell on him. But it fell," Jacobs says. "It's not like I threw it at him. Then he wanted an apology from me. I thought about saying, 'I'm sorry you are such an a******,' but I decided to use the all-purpose 'jagoff' remark instead."
It's at that point that Slater, in her words, "went apeshit. Maybe he's never heard that word. Maybe it means something different in Queens. But that's when he started cursing over the intercom about me. Then he just went whoosh out of the plane."
Jacobs doesn't understand why Slater has become a folk hero of sorts. "I'm the victim here. I run into flight attendants like him all the time. It's amazing how the airline industry has so many jagoffs."