Thursday, October 14, 2010

HOUSEROCKERS FAN IRRITATED THAT SPRINGSTEEN IS 'BUTTING IN' ON BAND'S NOVEMBER SHOWS


SOUTH SIDE --- Longtime Houserockers fan Karenna Kern said today that she's "not happy" that Bruce Springsteen will appear with the band at their November 4 and 5 shows at Soldiers and Sailors Hall.

"The Houserockers are awesome on their own. What do they need him for? Springsteen'll probably want to sing crap like 'Born to Run' instead of classics like 'Old Man Bar' and 'There'll Never Be Enough Time.' I might be able to tolerate him if he still lived in Jersey, but he sold out and moved to California. Our guys are still here in town, working hard, playing gigs, and cheering for the Steelers."

The forty-something Kern said she's been a fan since she was a teenager. "I took my records to college with me in the 80's," Kern continued. "One of my roommates told me I talked just like Joe [Grushecky]. Yeah, I graduated Phi Kappa Phi and got into all kinds of honor societies, but that compliment was one of the highlights of my Cornell career."

Kern will probably attend the show, though. "It'll be great to see the band," she says. "And it'll give me a chance to boo Bruce."