Thursday, December 30, 2010

FATHER TIME: "REPORTS OF MY DEATH ARE GREATLY EXAGGERATED"


NEW YORK CITY - Saying "I'm not dead yet," an angry Father Time threatened to "give you people something to remember" before the real end of the year at 11:59 pm on Friday.

"All they have on TV is stuff about 2011, and people started putting out year-in-review lists back in November," Mr. Time said. "But it's gotten really bad since Christmas ended. Everybody wants to focus on the bad things - earthquakes, oil spills, snow storms. They don't remember any of the good stuff, like beautiful days, weddings, and rainbows."

As for the New Year's Baby, "That kid doesn't know jack," Time said. "Everybody treats him like a celebrity, but what has he really accomplished? Nothing! Do you really want to put all that power in inexperienced hands?"

"A lot of people want to see me gone for their own reasons," he admitted. "But don't write me off just yet. I may have a trick or two up my ol' sleeve. I still have two days left, and I feel like wreaking a little havoc."