Friday, June 10, 2011

HOMELESS AIREDALE "DISAPPOINTED" SHE WASN'T PICKED FOR GOVERNOR'S HOME


HARRISBURG - When Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett announced today he had purchased two Airedale puppies, at least one shelter dog was disappointed.

"I guess I'm happy for the other dogs, but I wanted to be adopted," said Kelly, a young Airedale from southeastern Pennsylvania. "The governor's mansion would be sweet. But really, I would take any home that would take care of me."

Kelly points out that she probably would have been better behaved than new puppies. "I know everybody thinks puppies are cute, but, geez, they crap and pee all over the place," the dog said. "I'm not sure the good people of Pennsylvania want all that mess in what really is their house. At least I would have waited till I got outside."

Meanwhile, Kelly is trying to keep a positive attitude. "Nobody wants a depressed dog, so I'll keep my tail wagging and hope someone comes along," the terrier said. "And maybe I'll find someone better than the governor. I wasn't that crazy about his position on Marcellus Shale drilling anyway."