Wednesday, May 30, 2012

TODAY I OFFICIALLY RETIRE AS A STEELER



With all the hoopla over today's retirement of Kordell Stewart as a Steeler, many of you probably missed my announcement that I, too, will retire from the football team, effective immediately.

Sure, I never played a down in my life. But if Stewart can announce his retirement ten years after he left the Steelers and seven years after he last played at all, why not me?

Why pick now to get on with my life's work? I could say my media obligations are taking more of my time, but I have to admit this is mostly about fashion. I try to be stylish, and I simply cannot pull on the "bumblebee" jerseys and striped socks that the Steelers will wear in the 2012-2013 season. It's bad enough that I will have to look at them; I just can't bring myself to wear them.

So, it's not a closure in a negative way, it's closure in a positive way...I had a great time doing it. It's about the experience.